April 16, 2010

Ephemera Acquisitions

Today I thought I'd share some recent acquisitions to my ephemera collection. Who knows--I may find time to play around with some of these this weekend! Thanks to Patrick I now have a handful of these old card-catalog cards found in a "scraps" pile at the KSU library.

An assortment of found papers and a map tucked inside a recent book purchase.


Just a sampling of some old-school design goodies included in an Ebay lot Patrick purchased recently. (Yes, I took them all!)

These composite portraits of bearded scientists came from a very mildewed 1885 edition of the illustrated journal, Science. The guy on the top right and bottom left look very similar. There are some distinct differences but they appear to be pre-Photoshop edits of the same image. I have a feeling this point will continue to be disputed around here over the weekend. Feel free to offer your opinion!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! The bottom right guy looks a tad different, though. Perhaps just younger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're right Liz--he is a bit younger looking. I'm still trying to decide what to do with these guys. Cut up for collage or just hang them on the bulletin so they can keep on staring?! hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...