June 13, 2011

Wooden Spools



A huge bag full of old wooden spools was thrifted the same day as the jar of buttons I shared with you last week. The image represents only about a quarter of them!



Lizzie helped me arrange all the spools for their photo shoot. She's a great little stylist and always has fun ideas. She made up a game called "spool race" where we each pick a spool and rolled/raced them down our slanted driveway. The winner's spool reaches the street first. Even Patrick played!



Of course, there is no way I'll be able to use all of these in my work so I'm listing sets of 24 in the shop. There was one special spool with a greeting that we'll be keeping for sure..."hello there".

4 comments:

  1. Oh you hit my dream
    I was just saying how I wanted to find a load of spools to make garlands with!
    Girl, you found them all! lol
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what you do with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he...'spool drool'...I like that Louise ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...