June 1, 2015

I Am Grateful


Four months of radio silence is enough for me--it was snowing when I signed off and here we are on the cusp of summer! My on-line life has been relegated primarily to Instagram where I've been sharing bits of process from the studio.


I've had a lovely break though I dare say it is no longer a sabbatical per se but a new direction entirely. Two concrete decisions have been made. First, the doors of Sushipot have closed for good. Second, I miss blogging so here I am!


My first task back in February was to purge my studio of clutter and give the walls a fresh coat of white paint. The physical chore was a cathartic process and it literally gave me a clean slate to forge ahead into new art-making territory.


Lots of ideas and work are coming out of this time of experimentation. Patterns have been formed, textiles cut, ideas perused, stitches stitched, books read, sketches drawn, wax melted, objects gathered, paper torn and the list goes on and on.


I look forward to looking back at these weeks and sharing my new work with you. In the meantime I thank you for the encouragement you've showered on me via comments, messages and emails. The support during my hiatus has been overwhelming and I am grateful.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you Suzanna!
    I did the same with my studio last year and it never felt better. I have my Gypsy pouches and that is my main focus now. I clean slate and clear mind is a good thing.
    Your art is amazing and I know you will soar with it.
    Good luck
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! It's comforting to know others have done this too. Slightly anxious to move forward into new territory but excited at the same time. A while since I felt this so it's a good thing I suppose?! And I'm thrilled to see I still have readers. Lol. xo, Suzanna

      Delete
  2. I've been doing to same - closing down shops to siplify and get more time. Focusing on my collage and textile art. Trying to get back to blogging regulary - it's so easy on IG. Love yiur art - have been following for a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tina! It does seem much easier to find time to post on IG. Immediate and yet so fleeting! Thank you for following and taking time to comment too. Best of luck as you carve out time for your own art making. xo, Suzanna

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you and your wonderful talent and abilities. I look forward to following the directions your amazing passion takes you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your support Nana! It means the world to me. xo, Suzie

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank ya Kelsey! It's good to be back ;)

      Delete