April 19, 2010

Doll House no 336

Doll house no 336 was completed over the weekend and is now available in the shop. I kept my camera on hand while working on the piece so I could share a few images of my process with you.

The image I chose to adorn this doll house was taken from an obstetrics manual published in 1884. It is a diagram illustrating the blood vessels of the female pelvis.


Once the image is adhered to the front of the doll house I collage the other surfaces with old pattern tissue.


Piles and snippets of pattern tissue take over my workspace when I'm working on these pieces.


Finishing up the back of the piece with one last section of pattern tissue.


After the piece dries overnight a dark patina is applied to the entire surface and the doll house is ready to varnish and display in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment