March 17, 2010

Green Ephemera


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Thought I'd share a selection of green ephemera from my ephemeral "pot of gold" in honor of the holiday. This bingo card was added to the collection a few years back while living in Mobile, Alabama. We shared a zip code with VFW Post #49.


This little Green-Cap brownie looks like a leprechaun to me. A page from a 1920 children's reader.


I cannot object to objects in green. Found in a 1952 "Fun Book" for kids.


Gummed fruit-jar canning labels by Larkin, early 1900's.


From the library of Billy Jameson. Inside cover of a 1930's, 2nd grade math book.

I'm not Irish but my husband's name is Patrick (I call him Patty) and he has a few drops of Irish blood so I'll leave you with this Irish toast to friendship:

"Here’s to you and yours,
And to mine and ours,
And if mine and ours ever come
Across you and yours,
I hope you and yours will do
As much for mine and ours,
As mine and ours have done
For you and yours!"

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...