June 8, 2010

Work In Progress



The obsession with shredded paper continues to grow. I'm loving these jeweled tones and working within the constraints of gluing down one strip at a time--side by side--watching a pattern emerge. It's kind of therapeutic and I found myself falling into a meditative trance while working on this piece. Kind of like the time lapse video I watched recently of Buddhist monks creating a mandala. Hmmmmm. Anyhow, I really think this piece has a "Chinese restaurant" vibe going for it right now. We'll see where it ends up in a few days.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I totally understand the meditative state...I'm very much that way in my work...pretty labor intensive hand embroidery on drawings...just watching color unfold on top of color is such a simple delight! Love your work and your enjoyment of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm glad to know that someone can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luuurveeee this one very much. Do you mind if I tried to make with similar technique to put on my journal? Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dindie--Thanks for stopping by :) Sure thing. Try this out on your journal--have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...