August 4, 2010

Treasure Trove of Books



As many of you know I'm a collector of cast-off books that may have something to offer my stash of collage materials. While we were in Illinois last weekend my aunt gave me two large boxes filled with books she thought I may be able to use. They are a treasure trove and I'm still going through everything but I took some images of favorites to share with you today. A big thank you to my aunt for these books!


I especially loved the color and design of these book covers and the more ornate ones below.




An old Boy Scouts handbook from 1925 is generously illustrated with detailed images, charts, diagrams and unique advertisements from the 1920's. There is some wonderful collage material here!






Among the books was this pile of Workbasket magazines from the 50's and 60's. They are filled with amazing crafty images, patterns and much more vintage goodness. I can hardly wait to get out my favorite scissors and start clipping!



5 comments:

  1. wow! you are one lucky girl! these are beautiful! Have fun peeling back the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! I was able to leaf through more of them this afternoon. Having a bit too much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have found your blog. I've been admiring your work in your Etsy shop for awhile now...

    You, indeed, are a lucky girl! I also have a very old boy scout handbook which I love, but I'll never cut it because it belonged to my father. :)

    A favor: can I use the 2nd photo (He Fell in Love With His Wife) in my blog, credited to you? It's priceless!

    www.merryhappyjoyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lisa! Thanks for stopping by. What a treasure to have your Dad's boy scout manual. Sure thing--feel free to use the image of the book :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...