January 31, 2011

Piles of Things



You know how when nothing is coming together right it helps to take a step back...(breathe)...and then CLEAN, clean, clean? Somehow the act of dusting, scrubbing, purging, organizing and general straightening up of things is good for the mind and body. Well at least it's that way for me! My studio received a bit of this cleaning action over the weekend as did our stove which was long past due. Our house is by no means "company ready" but it's been enough to make things start coming together again (ie, now I can find that particular book which I know has the perfect image of a certain pair of feet for the collage I'm working on without going crazy and throwing the entire bookcase across the room). **whew** Ok. Now that I'm feeling like myself again, I did remember to take some snapshots of the piles of things that I cleaned up around the studio. Boy am I glad it's a new week.







6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! I can never find anything, my studio is in our house too. Did I forget to mention we are in the middle of a reno too. I feel frustrated most of the time and today will pack away more stuff because phase two of the reno will take place. Sometimes I wish I had a separate studio but know that would mean I would never leave my studio, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing when I am not in a creative mood. The trouble for me is that, as I try to tidy up my studio, I get distracted by something I come across and decide to sit down and use it immediately, which then means I end up pulling out a bunch of other stuff I need. Afterwards, my studio is sometimes even messier than when I began. It seems like I have been working on tidying up my studio for the past four months, but it never looks any better.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Walter--if my studio was outside my home I would never come home so it's just as well this way! Yikes--hope the renovations don't last too long :( But think of the nice space you'll have when it's all finished! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia--Yes, it's so easy to get distracted while cleaning and start working on something instead! I recruited my husband to help this time and he doesn't let me "birdwalk" 'cuz he wants it done fast :) It keeps me focused. Have to confess that I've got it well on the way to being messy again this evening though. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dilemma is where do you put it all? I have a very small studio and assemblage materials take up alot of room!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing when I'm stumped. It's better than staring at the desk or banging your head on the wall! In fact I spent much of today dusting the living room (turned out to be more "washing" the living room, as the dust from the wood stove is pretty substantial.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...