February 28, 2011

The Grandparents



Thought I would introduce you to the two pieces in our family collection that are the precursor to my Doll House series. We lovingly refer to them as "the grandparents". Both assemblages were created in early 2006--Lizzie was just about to enter toddler-hood and I had not yet discovered Etsy (imagine that!). Both pieces measure about a foot high and were constructed with wood scraps scavenged during my days working at a Mardi Gras float building company. I'm realizing while typing this post that I miss using buttons in my work (mental note: use more buttons somewhere, somehow). The Doll Houses were originally adorned with buttons but have since transitioned to feature old anatomical images. It may be time for the series to transition again? Just thinking out loud here but if you have an opinion I'm all ears. In the meantime, the grandparents are mighty pleased to meet you!





2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to see where you have been and where you are today!
    Very cool pieces!
    The buttons would be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat! Keep your eyes peeled for buttons :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...