February 17, 2011

Pink Drawings


Big City Carnival by Lizzie Scott

Did anyone else happen to read that article in the New York Times a few weeks ago entitled Mom, You're One Tough Critic by Michael Tortorello? It was about the dilemma parents face on whether to hoard or toss their child's art projects and drawings? I sure got a kick out of it as I probably lean toward the hoarding side of things. I have piles (confession: boxes) of Lizzie's drawings and she's quite a prolific kid. For instance, these are just a sampling from what I like to call her "pink period" which was yesterday, Wednesday, February 16th, 2011. There are at least a dozen more of these pink drawings--I didn't count, I just added them to the "pile". In an ideal world I would probably scan every drawing and create a digital archive but when will I ever have the time for that? I'm guessing Lizzie will have to sort through them when she's all grown up. For now you get to enjoy the doodles of a six-year-old girl who is in love with the color pink, boats (lovin' those big oars!), islands, fairies, castles, fish and houses--at least she was yesterday.


Sinking Fairy Boat by Lizzie Scott


Boat Floating To The Island by Lizzie Scott


Island With Trees by Lizzie Scott


A Girl Playing Mini Golf by Lizzie Scott


Jumping Girl by Lizzie Scott


Fairy Boat by Lizzie Scott

6 comments:

  1. You've gotta love that pink! Looks like you have a budding artist on your hands!
    I have to say that it is hard throw away any of the kids art work, because each one seems to be so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy can start her own picture blog thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love each and every drawing! Each one put a smile on my face. Such detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all enjoyed the pink drawings! I'll pass along the blog idea to Lizzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Lizzy - you should send one to Elisabeth's Fine Little gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Deb! I came across a post about Elisabeth's gallery the other day. I must submit one of Lizzie's drawings. She would be soooo proud :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...