April 6, 2011

Vintage Snap Cards



This adorable set of vintage Snap cards, published by the Austrian company Piatnik circa 1940's, was recently acquired on Ebay. The box is marked "The Happy Children's Game" although now it's makin' one grownup very happy indeed! The graphics on these cards are so vivid they seem to have been printed yesterday. My favorite image is a tossup between the clown and the sailboat. If I had to choose, I'd probably pick the sailboat if only for that crazy lookin' moon face. What's up with him?!



2 comments:

  1. that moon is not a sailors delight. LOL
    My choices would be the kitty or the elephant. Great colors and the box, wow, I am always attracted to vintage boxes even if they contain absolutely nothing.
    Great find.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the empty box thing Amy! I was surprised how shabby this one looks with the content inside being so pristine. You never know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...