April 4, 2013

Studio Tidbits


A delightful pile of treasures arrived this week from the studio of artist Elizabeth Rosen. Lizzie and I had great fun unwrapping all these wooden bits 'n cuckoo clock parts. We entertained ourselves for some time playing around with various arrangements and pausing to share on Instagram of course ;)


Elizabeth's shop is a wonderful mix of carefully selected goodies for the mixed media artist and her own magical assemblages, paintings and mixed media work. Be sure to browse her shop when you have a minute--you're certain to find inspiration!


And...here's a peek at my work table this past week. I got a hair brained idea one night and started "skinning" my pile of old book covers.


The "book skins" are currently being stitched up into a pair of small art quilts. Hope to have them finished up next week to share with you. If you're on Instagram, you can find me there as 'sushipot' (duh!). Then you can see these tidbits from the studio faster than I get around to blogging 'em.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Suzanna!
    Can't wait to see what you make with your goodies!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Elizabeth! I'll be certain to show you what I make :)

      Delete
  2. How fun! I love your ideas, can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsey :) Hope to make something soon!!

      Delete