Lizzie has been playing quite a bit with paper dolls recently. I pulled out my collection of paper dolls to show her the other day and thought I'd share some here while I was at it. These "Lucky Dolls" from Japan (circa 1950's-ish?) were her favorites. Their wonky offset perforations and vibrant coloring is totally endearing.
July 10, 2013
Lucky Dolls
Labels:
collecting,
color,
ephemera,
japan,
Lizzie,
lucky dolls,
paper dolls,
vintage,
vintage ephemera
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Gosh, what is it about paper dolls! I could play with these myself!
ReplyDeleteThey are kinda irresistible aren't they Judy?! Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteHi Suzanna,
ReplyDeleteWhat fun these are!! I love their colorfully mis-matched clothes!
I have had a renewed fascination with paper dolls myself and even made a paper doll character from a child's face from a vintage Belgian postcard along with the body of a vintage paper doll! I have made some digital collage sheets with her and even some banners, one includes the rubber stamp of an orange I bought from you!
Betty
That sounds so sweet Betty. Guess we're never too old to play with paper dolls!!
Delete