December 9, 2013

National Bellas Hess


Since we were snowed in all weekend, I finished up most of my Christmas shopping online. Though I love Etsy and Amazon Prime....what I would give to shop via this 1957 National Bellas Hess catalog! Let's see....I would like to order the electric tree with bubbling lights (page 42), a box of argyle socks for Pat's stocking (page 2), a chenille robe for Lizzie (page 4), the happy 'n cuddlesome Humpty Dumpty for my studio (page 9), a perma-bend doll with pink dress for Lizzie (page 27), oh yes....annnnd...add on that economy carriage for the bend-y doll from page 38. Also, I would have to sneak in one of the 6 room steel dollhouse with the add-on family (page 40). This would be a present to myself of course ;) And lastly...a set of those "day of the week" undies as a more useful stocking stuffer. So let's wrap all this up....if I added correctly I've spent a whopping $27.32 + shipping which adds an outrageous $.51. But...if I spend $35.00 the shipping is free so what else do you think should I add to the order?







6 comments:

  1. Talk about eye candy! I'll take that candle wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Good choice Danavee ;) Now that brings the total to $28.21.

      Delete
  2. Love this... Brings back memories of being a child and staring at the Christmas catalog for hours! BTW, I have that Tiny Teddy though paid a lot more than a $1.19.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah!! That Tiny Teddy pull toy is tooo cute. Glad to hear this brings back fun childhood memories. Happy holidays Walter :)

      Delete
  3. Ha I just sold that humpty in my etsy about a month ago lol
    Christmas appeared to be so simple back then!
    A doll was a doll no name brands ruled the universe
    I do want that chimney and fireplace though, lol
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Amy! I'll add that chimney & fireplace to the order. Now we're at a total of $33.20....almost qualify for the free shipping ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...