January 1, 2011

New Year's Feast


Illustrations from Warnes Model Cookery by Mary Jewry, circa 1868

Happy New Year to each and every one of my blog readers, patrons, family and friends! I thought I would serve you a visual feast today by sharing these decadent culinary illustrations from a recently acquired antique cookbook. Our New Year's feast will look nothing like this as we've opted for a more simple fare--a slow cooker full of hearty ham and bean soup with spice cake for dessert. Wishing you and all of yours a prosperous, healthy (and slightly decadent) 2011!!





7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family, can't wait to see what 2011 brings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I love food illustrations and these examples are extraordinary! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so great! anytime heads are left on i'm reminded of that scene in -a christmas story-, "it's smiling at me!" :p have a wonderful new years day and all the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and Happy New Year. I'm so pleased to have found your blog. I absolutely love your art. Looking forward to reading and seeing more.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year all!!

    Welcome Jane! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Thrilled to have you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, i love these illustrations. so much history...

    :)

    happy 2011!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete