December 31, 2010

Out With The Old



The phrase "out with the old, in with the new" is especially poignant as we turn the corner into a new year. Our family spent this quiet week between Christmas and the New Year purging old toys and clothing, sorting papers and receipts, rearranging furniture and in general organizing the belongings in our home. It feels good to have these physical preparations prepare us psychologically for a fresh start in the new year. I must admit that Lizzie's pink "star shoes" were especially hard to part with as so many memories from the past year are affixed to them. But on the other hand, she had outgrown them and is now the proud owner of a new pair of bright fuschia Converse. Bring on the New Year 'cuz we're ready folks!

4 comments:

  1. those shoes are so cute {the new ones always look so big to start with don't you think?}.
    happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Belinda--I opened the box when I ordered the new ones and swore I would have to return them but they fit her!! Happy New Year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little shoes and now that my daughter is growing those little shoes aren't so little anymore..I've saved the first pair of pink hightop converse, her first ballet shoes, and a couple more favorites. I just read an article about an artist and her kids old shoes are on display throughout the house like little pieces of art...{if only I had the space!}

    Happy New Year! holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly! Thanks for stopping by. Good to know I'm not alone in this :) That such a great idea to display them--shadowbox maybe?! Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...