March 7, 2011

My Box Of Books



My outing to our local library book sale this weekend was a big success. I spent a couple hours browsing and called it quits when I knew I couldn't carry any more back to the car.



I scored a good sized pile for Lizzie (mostly vintage!) including an Ed Emberley book (below) which I'll share in more detail on another day.





The one big purchase of the day at $5.00 was this 1915 publication titled Marvels of our Bodily Dwelling by Mrs. Mary Wood-Allen, M.D. The entire purchase was under $20.00 and I was given a Shiner Bock box to carry away all my loot.



Several books were chosen entirely for their flyleaf pattern.



As expected, I spent a lot of time in the crafty book section. The majority of my box was filled with books 'n booklets on a variety of arts n' handicrafts.


Check out this macrame couple! Someday I need a pair these hanging on my wall. Maybe Patrick would take up this crafty cause with me--I could totally see us knotting these up together (yeah right!).



Anyhow, now I have lots of new patterns to peruse and ideas to simmer.





Hope your weekend was beautiful too.

4 comments:

  1. wow you did hit the jackpot!
    Every once in awhile our library will have books that are amazing but is few and far between.
    I am in love with the leaf patterns oh my so darn cute!
    Looks like you had a great weekend, thanks for the bday wishes :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had luck like this at library book sales when we lived in Alabama. I was glad to find out this one is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's amazing! I have to admit I'm a little envious as I'm a book collector myself and these look awesome... I'd have more in my house if I wasn't afraid of our apartment turning into storage!

    Love your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome HibouCards! You are very wise--my house and studio kinda do look like a storage unit. I'm dreading our next move. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...