March 12, 2010

Old School

After the post office run yesterday I decided to make a quick stop at a hole-in-the-wall thrift shop that I hadn't perused for several months. Lucky for me they had just set out several old school classroom chairs that the university was discarding. After examining all of them I chose the sturdiest one with the most character. 

It's in great condition especially after some dusting, polishing and scraping off the 9 wads of gum found under the desk and seat! 

Am thinking I may scrounge up a pocket knife and add some of my own etchings to the desktop although Lizzie's already claimed it as her new drawing desk. 

This week flew by! I'll see you back here on Monday morning.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, they bring very great times back.I love this pictures.I will read your blog regards jürgen
    http://camara-de-maravillas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these desks! Better than the flip-top ones they have now, IMO. ;o)

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear this post brought back good memories :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...