April 19, 2011

Pure Kaleidoscope



Speaking of recently acquired crewelwork I must show you this incredible piece. In a spontaneous ebay bid I won this pure kaleidoscope of needlework. I was drawn to its color (who couldn't be?), its Springtimey-abstract-landscapish feel and most definitely my favorite part of many things....its backside. It didn't hurt that the project was started in the Spring of 1974 (my birth year) and I love the fact that it was completed over 4 years later and didn't become one of those unfinished projects that plague many makers of things. I would love to tell Christen Baldwin--wherever she is now--that the piece of needlework she painstakingly invested hours of stitching is being wholly admired and enjoyed by me and mine.











8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! And the back is as good as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Glad someone is enjoying it and it didn't get thrown out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That needlework is unbelievable! What a wonderful find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know y'all enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is a fantastic and lucky find!!! its is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I just saw this on Pinterest. Normally, I don't pin or repin anything without permission from the owner/copyright holder... also, I normally don't pin from sites that don't have Pinterest buttons, but I don't want to lose this beautiful image, so I've pinned it onto my Creativity and Colors board. If that's a problem, just go to Boomerinas.com and leave a comment on the bottom of any article telling me to take it down from my Pinterest board. beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! Glad you found this needlework image :) Yes, you have permission to post any of my photos on Pinterest. Happy pinning!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...