December 11, 2012

The Toy Yearbook

Thought I'd pop in and share this mid century toy catalog with you today. It's chock full of eye candy for you vintage lovers :) Lizzie and I enjoy browsing these old catalogs and then try to find our favorite items over on Etsy Vintage. Kinda neat to see what's still in circulation, how its aged and its current value. This one is marked The Toy Yearbook, 1954-1955 and was distributed by Genbill Toy Stores of Massachusetts. Some of these gems have found there way into my hands at one point or another such as the Halsam Blocks and the loveable Changeable Charlie. What wonderful memories these treasures must bring back to those of you who grew up with them...lucky you! Don't forget to click on each image for an enlarged view. And if you haven't had enough take a peek at others from my collection: 1955 Noah's Ark Catalog and another 1950's Toy Catalog.

6 comments:

  1. How nice to see the colors of the toys before all that pink and purple dominated every girls toy in the store! A much nicer spectrum I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kim! It's a bit discouraging to walk through the toy aisles nowadays.

      Delete
  2. I remember those days of the wishbook coming in the mail and it would be passed between all five kids in the house, dog eared and wrinkled with love.
    It was the highlight to wish for this things every year.

    I always loved getting a stroller or baby doll and playing house in my faux little kitchen...such memories
    Thanks for this stroll back in time :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this stroll back in time Amy :)

      Delete
  3. Love this! I have some of those Fisher Price Toys in my collection! Can't get over the prices...Fun, Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool Walter! Yes... the prices are hard to fathom. lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...