January 8, 2013

Back to the Basics

Well, I'd mentioned last week that there were some changes afoot at Sushipot and I've heard from a few of you wondering what was going on so I apologize for being a bit vague! My plan this year is to go "back to the basics" so to speak and narrow down the variety of items I offer in the shop. This means I'll no longer be offering smaller items such as the pendants, art blocks, etc. I am doing this to simplify my studio time and focus exclusively on creating one-of-a-kind assemblage and collage pieces. This is where I want to concentrate my creative energy going forward as it brings me the most satisfaction as an artist/crafter/designer/maker-of-objects. Thank you dear Sushipot patrons for bearing with me as I make these changes. I appreciate you!

PS: You can generate your own design-y quotes at Recite This. Try it. It's fun!

2 comments:

  1. Well I will miss your art blocks but I totally get it.
    Simplifying is good for you and doing what you love matters most.
    Good luck with all your assemblages!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your encouragement Amy! I've been hesitating to make this needed change in my artistic life. Now I just gotta get in the studio and have fun ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...