May 24, 2013

Springfield Home

Our house-hunting excursion to Springfield, Missouri was a success. We viewed all sorts of houses....and I mean that literally.
 
Patrick did well navigating our new city. It helps that it's laid out like a big grid and we were armed with Google Maps.

Took a bit of time to explore one of the local parks and skip a few rocks on Lake Springfield.

We did our fair share of eating out at many of the fantastic local restaurants.

Lizzie finally got to visit a Krispy Kreme...Daddy's all-time favorite doughnut place!

Spent some time on campus and visited Strong Hall to see where Patrick will be working this Fall.

Lizzie says the back yard of our new home smells like a fairy garden 'cuz it's surrounded in honeysuckle. 

Now time for the part I'm dreading.... p-a-c-k-i-n-g.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on finding a new home.
    It sounds like you will settle in just fine.
    Good luck on your packing, I don't envy you at all ;)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! Wanna come help pack? Lol :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finding your new home! You need to have a packing party -- that's what I did last time I moved because I was post-op and couldn't do any lifting. Six friends @ 2 hours each made for 12 hour's worth of packing in just a couple of hours and it was fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Laurie! I may have to try it :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I feel for you on the packing part, but it will be done before you know it. Best of luck and safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angelica. I'm just going to take it one day at a time these next couple of weeks!

      Delete
  4. Seems we are on the same page, I too, am dreading the packing! But hey, here's to new beginnings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems we are on the same page, I too am dreading packing! But hey, Here's to new beginnings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! When do you move into the new place? Keep me posted...we'll have to exchange new addresses too.

      Delete